I decided to start "working" with Max right away.
Well, one might not call it work, but I decided the best would be to spend time with him - a lot of time, as my supportive husband can testify-
and to have Max experience human touch in positive light.
Due to M's "approach" with Max, nobody could come near the wound or touch his head on that side, or he would bolt in fear. It was discouraging to see that he had lost so much trust in humans compared to the first time I met him.
I finally managed to touch his neck all the way up near his head, but it made him still very, very nervous.
There was no way I could even come close to the wound let alone clean it.
The results from the biopsy came back and confirmed the dreaded prognosis:
Squamous cell cancer.
Squamous cell cancer.
We were crushed.
But then I went into proactive mode:
Being from Europe and very familiar with Maria Treben's approach to healing with herbs, I knew first hand ( generations in our family) that Swedish Bitters are a powerful, natural remedy.
As Max' wound was so raw and infected, I thought to use a spray bottle to apply the tinture since he was untouchable at this point. I wanted prevent further infection and reduce the risk for it.
" Hi, my name is Max and I am cute"
"Uuu, I like that spot on my back scratched"
Still getting a bit nervous as I work my way up on that side ...
Who doesn't like a full body, deep tissue massage?
Mmmmmm Hmmmm!!
Every gentle touch is accompanied by a silent prayer and many good wishes.
His matted coat feels coarse and scruffy under my hands.
May he feel the love pouring into his beaten up body and may he feel
Hope Rising
within
him.









No comments:
Post a Comment