Saturday, April 14, 2012

Exploring new avenues



Earlier this spring I saw an ad in the paper inviting all artists in the surrounding area to exhibit/compete at one of the bigger galleries. 
It spiked my curiosity and thought to give it a shot.


I had always thought it would be nice to get some feedback about some of my photography and to find out whether that it something I might want to pursue further.
I was really happy to learn that I made it through the first round of judging and not be chopped upon entry.


Along with ~ 90 other works of art with varied backgrounds -most of them acrylic, oil or pastell paintings, my photograph was accepted to the exhibition. 


At the opening reception I was more than surprised and actually kind of shell-shocked to receive Honorable Mention for Bozeman from the judges.


A big "Thanks" to my husband who came along to support me and who always has believed in me.













BOZEMAN



who is a Clyde Cross and rescue horse as well- just like Max-

enjoying a quiet moment of his new life at this magical place called

Crystal Peaks
in Bent, Oregon













No comments: