Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roadtrip to Port Renfrew











Knowing that our island time was limited as we already had the house up for sale,
we decided to take another trip out to the west coast,
Port Renfrew,
to be specific.
We took the long route, an old logging road.


It was a gorgeous west-coast October day.
Cool, sunny and blue skies:





















Loved this gnarly tree,
(reminded me of Japanese gardens)
overhanging the beach



















Wish, I had the sound to go with it....



















Deep rocky folds along the shoreline











A tree in the shape of a whale tale...











Driftwood,
collected and arranged by someone,
"just because"
:)












Ahh, the power of the ocean;
I can see how quickly one can be swept out be a rogue wave here



































Enjoying the moment










Magical West Coast


































































I guess it happened here before,
as the signs along the beach signs are warning:












Talk about a crown of trees


























Upon leaving Minnie turned quiet all-over-sudden















I think she figured, she won't be a match for him:



 





















Seagulls warming themselves in evening sun











Sunset in Tsunami Zone













Good Bye, lovely wild West Coast...















No comments: