You islanders might have heard about the Hidden Plateau in Strathcona Park.
Well, it always intrigued us since we had heard about it's gorgeous colors,
especially in fall,
but were not only surprised by it's Whiskey Jack's,
the curious "tame" wild birds who followed us everywhere,
but by such beauty...
The moon was still up in the skies and sunshine flooding the fields
After some (actually wheelchair accessible) boardwalks our trail took a sharp turn
and soon we found ourselves surrounded
by a mix of mountain lakes meadows
And curious Whiskey Jack's following closely for some crumbs
Every time our road took a turn there seemed to be a different meadow opening up, displaying the golden colors of fall
After we left the comfy boardwalk our trail turned into a true butt-blaster-
Just what the doctor ordered- loved it!!
I thought this one looked like a Ram (male sheep)
This tree fell quite some time ago- and has disintegrated ever since
I took some pics and Minnie thought it was a good idea to take a rest-
even she was tuckered out
Wild Berries
And more climbing ahead:
Such rewarding views...
Raven?
I think we hiked for about 7, 8 hrs- it was gorgeous
Time to take a break
A happy camper
Mountain-lakes around every corner...
Outdoors
=
Happy
The shadows started to get longer and it was time to slowly make our way back to the trail-head
After guessing how much 'fuel' we still might need to make it back, we shared some of our last sandwiches...
I really liked this cutie
Dawn settling over Strathcona
We made it back as the sun settled.
What a beautiful day it has been!
Good Night, Strathcona.
I will miss you.
I will miss you.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment