Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Man And His ? Horse




Turns out Max is really into Steve. 
As soon as Steve shows up Max comes marching up to the gate.


I think Max sees me and thinks " Oh no, the eye-poking lady again. She puts that awful smelly stuff in my wound, makes me do new stuff and lift my feet."

Believe me, to hold these dinner-plates sized hooves up for a good cleaning makes both of us sweat!
Max is learning that he cannot lean on me and to hold his own feet up. He has to learn everything as he had absolutely no training. A challenge for both of us at times, but thankfully he is a fast learner.


So, where was I?
Yes, Max really likes Steve. Steve is the good guy, who brings treats and gives rubbies...
Unlike me who prods and pokes...

Just wanted to share these few pics of the two of them hanging out together...enjoy!







"Hey, it's you!"



















Snuggles


















And hugs


















The "hay-feeder advantage"

















Right into the goodness










Steve says "Hi" to Dancer, 
a buddy of Max' who is blind in one eye as well
















I leave you with the last two pics:

Love the clouds here!








Geese gathering













1 comment:

Dan said...

Cool, did not know that you, Steve, are so much into horses as well :) But I should have known better... you got married to my sister... anyone close to her will get this "I LOVE ALL ANIMALS" fever - it is contagious ;)

Hope you guys are doing fine?

Greetings,
Daniel