Saturday, March 10, 2012

Slow strides forward and some set-backs




Only two weeks later I was again on the way up north to visit the gentle giant.
I brought Tina along for the weekend and we made sure to 
spread the love to all the other beasties 
who were also housed at the place Max was staying at.

















The gentle giant had lost some weight and looked rather sad. 
He came over right away to say "Hello"













There was dispair in his eyes and some sadness.
There was also many indicators that made me question whether he was truly getting the care he needed- physically and psychologically.

While the people here truly cared and meant well, there were a lot of red flags with several of the other animals as well...










Zeus and Tina really connected































Max's eye socket was deeply infected and there were colorations I did not like to see (greens and greys...) along with the stench.

My heart sank as I knew M had said she was determined to keep him "until he was healed", but seeing the way wound-care was done 
I knew he would not heal given the circumstances.

She was talking about putting him down, should " the treatment not work".

I was only two weeks ago since I had last seen him back then able to put my entire hand in the eye socket wound...now it was filling in rapidly with cauliflower-like tissue..not a good sign








Such a gentle soul





















And so we stayed a while and gave out carrots and fed apples...




























Said hi to some chickerias and learned that Freddie, the rooster, did make it 
and found a new home with the privilege of having his own harem 
:)



























So I went to say goodbye and felt as though he was quietly saying " please get me out of here.."

If I'd just knew how....






























As Tina and I drove off into the dusk we both felt that Max would not make it there for very long with the type of care he was receiving....

M was now persistent to keep him and stated on her blog that "Max is not up for adoption anymore".

We thought about many things including calling the SPCA in or plodding some "Clydesdale disappears in the middle of the night" scenario's....

In the search for the right thing to do a lot of prayers wound their way up to the heavenly realms... 







No comments: