Monday, January 31, 2011

Visit to Germany



On my flight to Germany I was blessed to have a layover of a few hours in
Zurich, Switzerland:






It's early morning in Switzerland and the city is still peaceful

And even though I have been up for a day already,
I could not think of a better way 
to start the day on European soil by getting a lovely 'early morning tour of Zurich'
and meeting Daniel for breakfast :)








Love you, Dan!
















Narrow passage ways






After a few way too short hours my trip continues to Germany

Precious Oma









Oma had me try all sorts of home-made liquors :)








Toby and Frieda came to visit as well









Blue skies for an early morning run








Toby and Oma-
Hand in Hand








Visiting Opa







Time with Toby -
It was so nice to be able to talk and spent time together









Walking near the part of town where we spent time visiting our grandparents when we were kids








Many walks to the "Ententeich" (Duck pond) 
with old bread at hand







Good memories made here....






















Having some great Italian cuisine with some very special people







Prosciutto e fungi-
my favorite!







Taking the train south to Munich I visited with my little nephews and Andy & Emily.
We went to the Munich Zoo; 
which proved to be a lot of fun!









































Feeding time for the Ozeolot:












This sad girl had just lost her companion the other day 
and one could tell that she was still grieving







Henry and Daddy









Exploring








Sad, beautiful girl








One of my personal favorite animals:
















Brother and sister-
moments rare and special










"The gang" was pretty tuckered out at the end of the day-
...I will miss these little rascals- 
they are growing up way too fast










Emily really spoiled me with her delicious dishes: 
she is such a fabulous cook!









Having a moment with Daddy








XOXO





Goodbye all of you! 
I wish we would all live closer (hopefully some-day soon)
and I miss you already!!







No comments: